DOM ix TwinStar® knob cylinder 2-in-1
"Two roles - double security"
With the ix TwinStar®, DOM once again demonstrates its comprehensive expertise in the field of mechanical locking technology. The new reversible key system is particularly well protected against unauthorised copying by a floating double roller in the key.
DOM ix Twinstar® is a secure locking system for all those looking for the highest quality. It meets the high requirements of VdS, DIN and SKG and can be used in residential buildings, offices or private companies. Thanks to a complex system - 11 spring-loaded locking elements, 10 of which are pin locking elements and 1 locking shaft locking element - it is suitable for private homes up to large buildings with high security standards.
This unique feature offers for registered single locks the possibility to easily recode the cylinders in your system! With 2-in-1, each cylinder has a integrated spare coding and comes with a second set of keys. If you suspect your security is compromised, simply insert a key from the second set into the cylinder, turn it over, and the first set immediately loses its locking function!
There are special variants for detached and semi-detached houses with optimum safety equipment.
Patent protection until 2036
- from 30,5/30,5 mm
- measured from the middle of cam
- extension 5 mm per side
- from a total length of 125 mm, production is carried out in modular design
- Ordering information: the knob is always located on the inside of the cylinder.
- high protection against manipulation due to 22-fold locking authorisation query
- anti-bumping & anti-picking pins
- drilling protection B as standard
- up to 10 positively guided, solid profile control pins
- 11 spring-loaded locking elements made of special brass or hardened steel on each locking side: 10 pin locking elements, 1 locking shaft locking element (controlled by a locking shaft function pin) offer high protection against manipulation against intelligent opening methods and impact protection
- consisting of 20 waisted core and body pins
- axially sprung and movable locking shaft technology
- stainless steel locking shaft is actuated by a control pin positioned in the core
- 13 mm core diameter
- one-piece cam made of sintered steel
- certified according to ISO 9001:2015
- 10 years DOM additional guarantee if registered under DOM
- cylinder body and cylinder core made of solid brass (high corrosion protection)
- finish: dull nickel
- reversible key system
- horizontal key insertion
- compatible with DOM electronics (made possible by integrating passive transponder technology into the key bow via clip tag)
- key thickness: 2,6 mm
- is delivered with a second set of keys
- nickel silver reversible key: corrosion-free and low-wear
- active copy protection: 2 independently movable rollers in the key tip (patented), each with a spring-loaded active function query, make it difficult to make duplicate keys
- mobility detection of the rollers through labyrinth in the key channel
- key tip with ramp for pin locking elements
- trough bores with optimized angular cuts of the flank angles
- complex coding in the key with known high-ribbed technology make it difficult to make duplicate keys
- no key blanks available on the market
- key blade length adapted to all standard safety fittings
- new key head design
Options / Special equipment:
- different cylinder finishes (polished brass, oxidized bronze, matt black chrome)
- different knob designs, standard shape K6 (optional: K1, K3, K4)
- increased drilling and pulling protection + modular design
- weather protection
- interior doors, exterior doors, front doors, apartment doors with increased security requirements
- single family houses with high protection requirements
- apartment buildings
- airports, educational institutions, financial buildings, residential buildings, hospitals, industry, hotel buildings
- small to large office buildings/companies, industrial premises
Scope of delivery:
- knob cylinder incl. 2 x 3 or more keys
- 1 fixing screw
- Security card per each set of keys
The DOM system is prepared at the factory for a second lock, which the customer can call up himself if required. The locking cylinder can be easily recoded with the second set of keys. A 360° turn in the cylinder - and the new lock is activated. The old keys are thus easily rendered ineffective.
- 2 x 3 keys, 2-in-1 recodable
- number of keys per key set selectable
- Please note that this function cannot be reset! After the 1st locking with the 2nd key set, the 1st key set is deactivated forever!
Reversible key with patented movable double roller
It may look like a normal key, but the ix TwinStar is the pinnacle in the evolution of DOM keys. Every technology, innovation and patent for mechanical security ever developed by DOM engineers has resulted in this unique reversible key. It features more complex copy protection technologies integrated into the key and more pins for more security and possible combinations. It also offers the highest level of user-friendliness due to the reversible technology.
Movable double roller
It only looks like a small wheel, but the double role in the key of the DOM ix TwinStar is a really big deal. Not only does it make it almost impossible to copy the cylinder unless you have the right special tool, it also generates a large number of extra key combinations, making it a perfect addition to the security system. Best of all, it is still as easy to use as a regular reversible key.
The cylinder contains impact protection pins and other safety elements that prevent access by impact keys to turn the inner pins.
The cylinder contains specially shaped unlocking security pins that prevent opening with the help of a lock pick.
The cylinder contains a special cylinder core which prevents the cylinder from being pulled out by drilling into the core.
How to measure the cylinder length correctly?
Increased drilling and pulling protection
- increased protection against drilling and core pulling due to tungsten carbide pins arranged in several planes in the cylinder body and cylinder core
- this drilling protection variant is manufactured in modular technology with increased tear-off protection
- finishes (polished brass, oxidized bronze, matt black chrome)
- standard finish: dull nickel
- the cylinder knob is delivered in the selected cylinder finish
- for individual design requirements
- if desired, homogeneous appearance of door cylinder and fitting
If a different cylinder finish, different from the standard finish, is ordered, extended production times may occur.
matt black chrome
- knob shape K6, standard: Ø 29,5 mm x 33 mm
- knob shape K1: Ø 40 mm x 25 mm
- knob shape K3: Ø 40 mm x 34,5 mm
- knob shape K4: Ø 30 mm x 24,5 mm
- for use in marine climate or salty atmosphere
- fixing screw pure brass, cam sintered steel (chemically nickel plated)
- cylinder finish: matt chrome
- possible from cylinder length 30,5 / 30,5 mm
- restrictions possible in combination with other optional extras
For this system, DOM offers you a free additional warranty in addition to the DOM warranty with a total term of 10 years.
For this, you must register with DOM within 1 month of purchasing the registered single lock.
You can find further information on this at DOM under the following link.