DOM ix Saturn
The DOM ix Saturn locking system guarantees a high standard of security. The basic mechanical system can be modularly expanded with electronic components, thus combining the advantages of mechanics with the benefits of electronics - according to individual customer requirements.
This system is available for reorders only.
For new systems we recommend the successor series DOM ix TwinStar®.
- high level of protection against manipulation thanks to 18-fold locking authorisation queries (locking system: 24)
- 9 rotating locking elements and one moveable locking strip locking element
- solid pin locking elements made of special brass or hardened steel
- standard drilling protection
- optional highest possible VdS class BZ+ (with modular design)
- single/ keyed alike locks with emergency and danger function (locking on both sides)
- up to 10 solid profile control pins
- 13 mm core diameter
- one-piece cam made of sintered steel
- locking security class according to DIN EN 1303:6
- attack resistance class according to DIN EN 1303:2
- VdS security class 3
- patent protection until 2023
- cylinder body made of solid brass
- finish: dull nickel
- reversible key system
- horizontal key insertion
- half cylinder: cam position adjustable in 8 positions
- half cylinder: cam is delivered in 7.00 o'clock position, can be moved to all positions in 45 degree increments
- compatible with DOM electronics (made possible by integrating passive transponder technology into the key bow via clip tag)
- key thickness: 2,4 mm
- nickel silver reversible key: corrosion-free and low-wear
- active copy protection through movable rolling elements in the key tip (patented), making it difficult to make duplicate keys
- 45° float movable roller makes the production of key copies almost impossible
- no key blanks available on the market
- single family houses with high protection requirements
- medium to very large companies
- public buildings
Options / Special equipment:
- different cylinder finishes (polished brass, oxidized bronze)
- increased drilling protection + modular design = VdS BZ+ (VdS***)
- weather protection
- 2-in-1 system
Explanations on the optional extras:
Drilling protection VdS BZ+ = high safety for special requirements:
in cooperation with the police, VdS Schadenverhütung GmbH has developed a star system that divides mechanical locking systems into three different security classes, thus providing you with a quick overview of the respective security level.
- recognition by VdS Schadesverhütung GmbH
- VdS checks locking systems and awards recognition from A to BZ+
- drilling protection VdS BZ+ = VdS security class 3
- VdS BZ+: increased protection against drilling and core pulling due to carbide pins in cylinder body and cylinder core arranged in several planes
- this drilling protection variant is manufactured in modular technology with increased tear-off protection
- modular design as 2-in-1 variant has drilling protection VdS BZ
- finishes (polished brass, oxidized bronze)
- standard finish: dull nickel
- for individual design requirements
- if desired, homogeneous appearance of door cylinder and fitting
If a different cylinder finish, different from the standard finish, is ordered, extended production times may occur.
- for use under marine climate or salty atmosphere
- fixing screw pure brass, cam sintered steel (chemically nickel plated)
- cylinder finish: matt chrome
- restrictions possible in combination with other optional equipment
- in combination with freewheel: clutch not protected against seawater
Free-running cylinders are those profile cylinders that have a freely rotating cam.
The cam can be moved freely through 360° when no key is inserted. DOM freewheel cylinders comply with DIN EN 18252:2006-12.
When the key is inserted, the spring-loaded clutch engages in the cam. The cylinder can then be locked in the conventional way with the key.
- from cylinder length: 35,5/35,5 mm
- usually only necessary for special panic or automatic locks. If in doubt, please check with the door manufacturer.
- for multiple locking systems with panic function: latch and deadbolt must be moved into the lock body when the doors are closed. To ensure this, the cam must be able to turn freely.
- in motor-driven locks and special escape door locks
- restrictions in combination with other special equipment possible
- with this option the cylinder has no emergency and danger function
- freewheel function is tested according to FZG (test guideline for profile cylinders with freewheel function for gear locks in escape door locks)
The DOM system is prepared at the factory for a second lock, which the customer can call up himself if required. With the second set of keys the locking cylinder can be easily recoded. A 360° turn in the cylinder - and the new lock is activated. The old keys are thus easily rendered ineffective.
- 2 x 3 keys, 2-in-1 recodable
- number of keys per key set selectable
- with this option standard drilling protection VdS B, with modular design VdS BZ
- please note that it cannot be reset! After the 1st locking with the 2nd key set, the 1st key set is deactivated forever!
Product data sheed: