DOM ix TwinStar® double cylinder 2-in-1
"Two roles - double security"
With the ix TwinStar®, DOM once again demonstrates its comprehensive expertise in the field of mechanical locking technology. The new reversible key system is particularly well protected against unauthorised copying by a floating double roller in the key.
DOM ix Twinstar® is a secure locking system for all those looking for the highest quality. It meets the high requirements of VdS, DIN and SKG and can be used in residential buildings, offices or private companies. Thanks to a complex system - 11 spring-loaded locking elements, 10 of which are pin locking elements and 1 locking shaft locking element - it is suitable for private homes up to large buildings with high security standards.
This unique feature offers for registered single locks the possibility to easily recode the cylinders in your system! With 2-in-1, each cylinder has a integrated spare coding and comes with a second set of keys. If you suspect your security is compromised, simply insert a key from the second set into the cylinder, turn it over, and the first set immediately loses its locking function!
There are special variants for detached and semi-detached houses with optimum safety equipment.
Patent protection until 2036
- from 30,5/30,5 mm
- measured from the middle of cam
- extension 5 mm per side
- from a total length of 125 mm, the production is carried out in modular design
- high protection against manipulation due to 22-fold locking authorisation query
- anti-bumping & anti-picking pins
- drilling protection VdS B as standard
- optional highest possible VdS class BZ (with modular design)
- with emergency and danger function (closing on both sides)
- up to 10 positively guided, solid profile control pins
- 11 spring-loaded locking elements made of special brass or hardened steel on each locking side: 10 pin locking elements, 1 locking shaft locking element (controlled by a locking shaft function pin) offer high protection against manipulation against intelligent opening methods and impact protection
- consisting of 20 narrowed core and body pins
- axially spring-loaded and movable locking shaft technology
- stainless steel locking shaft is actuated by a control pin positioned in the core
- 13 mm core diameter
- one-piece cam made of sintered steel
- according to DIN EN 1303:2015-08, certified according to ISO 9001:2015
- locking security class 6, attack resistance class C according to DIN EN 1303
- 10 years DOM additional warranty if registered under DOM
- cylinder body and cylinder core made of solid brass (high corrosion protection)
- finish: dull nickel
- reversible key system
- horizontal key insertion
- compatible with DOM electronics (made possible by integrating passive transponder technology into the key bow via clip tag)
- key thickness: 2,6 mm
- is delivered with a second set of keys
- nickel silver reversible key: corrosion-free and low-wear
- active copy protection: 2 independently movable rollers in the key tip (patented), each with a spring-loaded active function query, make it difficult to make duplicate keys
- mobility detection of the rollers through labyrinth in the key channel
- key tip with ramp for pin locking elements
- trough bores with optimized angular cuts of the flank angles
- complex coding in the key with known high-ribbed technology make it difficult to make duplicate keys
- no key blanks available on the market
- key blade length adapted to all common safety fittings
- new key head design
Options / Special equipment:
- different cylinder finishes (polished brass, oxidized bronze, matt black chrome)
- increased drilling protection + modular design = VdS BZ (VdS*** / VdS security class 3)
- weather protection
- freewheel (on request)
- interior doors, exterior doors, front doors, apartment doors with increased security requirements
- single family houses with high protection requirements
- apartment buildings
- airports, educational institutions, financial buildings, residential buildings, hospitals, industry, hotel buildings
- small to large office buildings/companies, industrial premises
Scope of delivery:
- double cylinder incl. 2 x 3 or more keys
- 1 fixing screw
- Security card per each set of keys
The cylinder contains impact protection pins and other security elements that prevent access by impact keys to turn the inner pins.
The cylinder contains specially shaped unlocking security pins that prevent opening with the help of a lock pick.
The cylinder contains a special cylinder core which prevents the cylinder from being pulled out by drilling into the core.
How to measure the cylinder length correctly?
- finishes (polished brass, oxidized bronze, matt black chrome)
- standard finish: dull nickel
- for individual design requirements
- if desired, homogeneous appearance of door cylinder and fitting
If a different cylinder finish, different from the standard finish, is ordered, extended production times may occur.
DOM offers you a free additional guarantee on this system in addition to the DOM guarantee with a total term of 10 years.
To do this, you must register with DOM within 1 month of purchasing the registered single lock.
You can find further information on this at DOM under the following link.